Monday, July 12, 2010

Old to New

As you may remember I have recently decided to try my hand at refurbishing furniture to resell to bring in a little extra dinero.  My first endeavor was very successful selling for what I asked and fairly quickly.  It was onto the next.  I wanted to try something a little larger but I was hesitant to how it might sell.  So Erin and I were out shopping at the DI (my Mom's heart just stopped reading that) and we found a great piece and decided to go in on it together to see how it would sell.  My being the dork I am forgot a before pic of this.



We ended up going a little more neutral because it was such a large piece and thought that a bold color might be too much for most.  Well, it's been on KSL for quite some time now with not a whole lot of response.  I've had a few callers, some even asked if they could come out but no one ever showed (which I think is quite rude)  So we have been forced to reduce.  It's FOR SALE $80.00

I think I'll stick to the smaller easier to fit in home decor stuff from here on out; lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. My heart just stopped! LOL

    I think it turned out really good, and the price is reasonable. Maybe you should try selling a different way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute! I think most people on KSL are looking for super bargains. By the way, how big is it?

    ReplyDelete