Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Due Date?

We have been busily preparing for the arrival of our little man.  Part of the preparation has been getting all my paperwork in line to take my maternity leave from work.  One of the documents they need is to be filled out by my doctor stating that I legitimately need the time off.  I picked up the completed paperwork at our last Dr appointment and had it for a few days before I really sat down and read it all the way through.  To my surprise everywhere it stated my estimated due date they have listed 9/15/2010.... um what?  The 23rd has been the only date I've known of since my fist visit. 

I have had long break (3 weeks) between my last appointment as well because the Dr has been out of town, I'll have my next appointment next week.  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to ask him about it or not.  I'm not sure, it might be nice to have this kid a little earlier which might not happen if I point out this conflict.  My friend Mandy just gave me the low down on my Dr (we see the same one and she just came back from maternity leave) she said that our Dr is even open to starting me earlier than our due date if we ask him nicely.  Which means "potentially" we could be having this kid in the next two weeks.  Initially the thought of it possibly only being two weeks away scares the crap out of me, but after the nights sleep I just got last night I'm warming up to the idea.

So...Tyce... we might be meeting you sooner than we thought!  We'll see!
 

2 comments:

  1. That would be really fun if he came early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted!! It is a little scary to think about actually having a baby and taking this tiny boy home, but you will love it!!

    ReplyDelete