Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tyce Turned One

Tyce's first birthday was this week.  I can't believe that this year has already come and gone.  Everyone told me my life was going to go fast when we had kids, geez I had no idea just how fast that would be.  Becoming a Mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  Tyce brings to much joy and love into our lives.

Tyce is One...
1. He can Walk.
2. He can tell you what a cow says... MOO
3.He can say "Uh Oh"
4. He loves to eat, everything!
5. He gives kisses.
6. He can clap his hands.
7. He waves Bye Bye, when he feels like it.
8. He loves to be tickled.
9. He loves to ride on his Daddy's Shoulders.
10. He loves Cuddles with his Mommy.

In my family my Mom started a tradition for each kid on their birthday, she made a personalized banner for each one of us that said happy birthday.  Every year on the night before our birthday her and my Dad would sneak into our room and hang the banner and balloons from our ceiling while we slept.  We'd wake up to our festive birthday that appeared overnight every year.

I decided I wanted to continue that tradition with my little man, only with my own twist with happy birthday bunting. Tyce was so happy when he woke up, he loved the balloons.



That night we took Tyce swimming to the Clearfield Aquatic Center.  It wasn't his cup of tea.  They had the AC on so the air was cold and the pool wasn't warm enough, so we didn't stay long at all.  We just wanted the birthday boy to have fun.  That night he got to eat a sucker, which seemed to make up for it.
 
Saturday we had a party in the park.  Luck us the weather held out, I was in such a panic the night before worrying about the weather.  It was a little windy at first but then it died down and it was quite nice.




 Tyce loved his cake!  He wasn't to much of a messy eater though.  For the most part he kept his cake in tact.

 Kyle and I got him a wagon for his birthday.  Every kid needs a wagon right? He seems to really like it.
 We were so happy to have a good time with family and a few close friends. It was a very enjoyable party and Tyce got very nice gifts from everyone.  Thank you guys!

6 comments:

  1. It was a WONDERFUL party - all your hard work on the food and decorations paid off in the end because everything was perfect! I think he liked his new wagon the best - he's definitely a wheel boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! You're such an amazing momma! Logan got a wagon for his 1st birthday and it has been such a great thing that he still loves now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Everything looks amazing. Seriously! My little Kate turns 1 next June. Will you do her party? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good mom and such a good party hostess!! I'm always amazed at your darling creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That was so much work! All the decor and food. Im amazed! It all looks so cute and fun! Happy Birthday Tyce. I'm excited to see him Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was SO cute Kait! You did such a good job! I loved it!! And thanks for letting me be there! Tyce is so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete