Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Couponing

Have you watched they new show on TLC Extreme Couponing?  I did, and my jaw was on the floor the whole time.  I had been thinking that I needed to try clipping coupons to help with our little budget before but this just sealed the deal.

Now I'm not set on the idea of extreme couponing.  A lot of what they do seems very wasteful to me.  But I would like to work on our food storage a bit more.  We've been told again and again to have food storage, but I must admit ours isn't more than a well stocked pantry.  With all the natural disasters that have been happening and now that we have Tyce, I see the importance now more than ever.

So I've been blogging around looking for couponing blogs and found a few. Here are some I've found; The Krazy Coupon Lady was featured on TLC's show, Utah local Utah Deal Diva has some great pointers and links to sources as well.  

Something I've noticed in a lot of out of state couponing blogs is that they take advantage of their stores double coupon days to receive the rock bottom prices they get.  I had never heard of this before so I looked, and surfed, and googled, and from what I can tell, nothing like this exists in Utah.  Grrr!  So now I have so many more questions of how I can get those same rock bottom prices here in Utah with out the double coupon, it can be done right?  

While surfing for newspaper prices (to get those Sunday coupons) I discovered Savvy Shopper Deals through the Standard Examiner turns out the Savvy ladies offer a weekly couponing 101 class at the standard ex offices in Ogden every Thursday at 7p.m.  So I'm headed there this week; anyone want to join me?

All in all, I'm going to attempt it.  I don't know how I'll do but it's worth a try!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not great at it, but here are two more really great sites to help you with cheaper prices:
    freebies2deals.com
    pinchingyourpennies.com
    I've saved a bunch just by using those two websites, and what's better than saving money?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same thoughts. I watched the show a few weeks ago and was stunned. You can get great deals at Rite Aid. Nearly free. Another good site is www.hip2save.com They post deals for each store too.
    Did you find a good price and the newspaper? I am ready to get me one, or two. I might be interested in going to the class too. Let me know when you want to go!

    ReplyDelete