Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Gift's

Today I attended a baby shower for my friend Carrie; she's expecting her first in a few months, baby girl that they're going to name Brooklynn.  I've been dying to make some cute crafts that I've found out in blog land, there are so many to choose from but I settled on two.

First is a diaper carrier and wipe case.  I found this tutorial over at Make It and Love It, which can be found here.  I just love all the little projects she does, plus they all seem user friendly so even a beginner sewer like me can do it on my own.  I have loved these wipe cases forever and thought they would be hard to make, turns out they're easy as could be.

Next was based off of a gift that was given to me by my moms friend Kathy; a memory journal for me to keep of cute things that Tyce says and does over the years.  I thought it was such a unique thoughtful gift it would be great to pass on.  Kathy had covered a notebook with a sewn vinyl case, but I wanted to put my own spin on it and broke out the modge podge.  I also added a growth chart and milestones list to the mix.  I think it turned out pretty cute!



So much fun to make.  Next on my list... homemade candy! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the color combination on the diaper accessories! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete