Sunday, March 13, 2011

Before & After: Desk

I've been busy refinishing a ton of furniture lately for my craft room and I thought I would share some before and afters.  First is the desk, this as actually a kitchen table that i decided would work perfect for a craft desk.
Before

During:
I started the glazing process with my black tinted Ralph Lauren glaze and I was shocked at how much it stuck to the paint. I didn't want it to look too distressed to I ended up using just the tiniest bit and shaded all the nooks and crannies.

After:
I absolutely LOVE the way she turned out!  I borrowed a design template from designer Brooke over at All Things Thrifty (one of my favorite blogs that I follow), you can find that template here.  I traced it, scanned it and had it blown up to the size I needed.  Then I just traced it onto my table and free handed the painting.  Then I headed over to Hobby Lobby to find those lovely little jewel knobs.

More to come on my other furniture makeovers soon!


12 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I love it! I have wanted to use one of her stencils for awhile. I might have to try on a desk now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! I am very impressed with your craftiness!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of that desk!! You did such a good job on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING. I absolutely love the print that you traced on. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your desk!!! What a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just out browsing some other folk's "before and afters" and I'm LOVING what you've done!!!! I think I'll be stealing the desk idea - do I have your permission?? I'll even post it on my blog when I finish, and give you credit, don't worry. :) Keep it up!!

    http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katilyn - I love the top of the desk - looks fabulous! You've done a fantastic job. Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today.
    Hope you are enjoying your week
    ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE it! seriously adorable! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you are SO CREATIVE!!!! The pattern you chose is fantastic and It looks so classy and chic! <3 I'm kind of obsessed... I need a new desk - wanna trade? ;) haha!

    Have a great day!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Stunning!

    Taylor
    Domestic8d

    ReplyDelete