Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sand Display


A few years ago Kyle and I started traveling and I decided that I wanted to collect sand from all the beautiful beaches that we have been too as a little keep sake.  When I told my Mom about my new collection, being the crafty thoughtful Mother she is, she sent me this pic of a fun way to display my collection.



So I found some great little spice jars at Bed Bath & Beyond which were the perfect size to display.  I spray painted the white caps silver and that was that.  Well, a few years later I still hadn't put them on display the way they should have been, they were just thrown on a shelf  with a few other odds and ends that we have collected in our travels.  Recently my Mom just bought a new fun little Cricut and offered to let me use it to have vinyl letters cut to put the names on my jars, in place of the black sharpie I had been using.  Once I had that done I knew I finally had to display them the way they should be.

(Sorry there's no before pics... I'll remember to start doing that eventually.)







I think it turned out pretty good, not exactly what I envisioned but it will work it's self out over the years.

2 comments:

  1. HEY! It looks GREAT! I love the big star - and the photos are perfect! The shell is so organic. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute. never woulduvthunk of sand art!

    ReplyDelete